VAPOR, HIGH PRESSURE, PURGE, VENT OR DISCHARGE SILENCER
SP silencers are designed to reduce the noise caused by putting compressed gases into the atmosphere and particularly: steam, air and gases (nitrogen, oxygen, etc.)
Controlling noise associated with purging pressurized gases to the atmosphere is a priority for many organizations. It is essential that all installations incorporate the required acoustic control measures to guarantee that the installation meets the acoustic criteria applicable in each case.
Vapor silencers, high discharge silencers, purge silencers or vent silencers reduce the noise produced by the emission of pressurized gases into the atmosphere, especially steam, air or other gases such as oxygen or nitrogen.
Silen y Sistem is one of the leading manufacturers of vent / purge silencers. Silen y Sistem vent, discharge or ventilation/purge silencers cover all the needs that the market requires, whether they are highly specific or if they must satisfy a general requirement.
VAPOR PRESSURE DISCHARGE SILENCER
- Gas, fluid, steam and air processing plants
- Combustion boilers
- Liquefied Natural Gas, Gasification Plants
- Thermal and nuclear power plants
- Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG)
- Oil pipelines and petrochemical industries
- Combined Cycle Plants (CCP)
WHAT ARE THE APPLICATIONS OF VENTILATION/PURGE SILENCERS OR VENT SILENCERS?
- Thermal and / or electrical plants
- Cogeneration plants
- HRSG or boilers
- Liquefied gas plants
- Petrochemical industries, etc.
- Safety valves
There are three standardized models of silencers with different acoustic efficiencies to reduce high-frequency noise discharged into the atmosphere.
All silencers have a system of expansion, progressive and controlled of the fluid, which can be completed.
WHAT DATA IS NECESSARY TO CHOOSE A SILENCER?
Knowledge of the following parameters is essential for a correct selection of the silencer:
Installing a discharge, steam, high pressure, bleed or vent silencer
- Nature of the fluid.
- Temperature and pressure before opening and discharge device.
- Admissible pressure at the muffler inlet.
- Through section in the valve neck and the type of the discharge device.
- Flow transmitted by the silencer (attention, it is not the flow of the boiler, but the one that passes through the discharge device) or volume of the tank to be emptied, time of the emptying operation and the opening time of the valve .
- Diameter of the pipe connecting to the silencer.
- Nature of steel.
- They can also be considered in some cases:
Corrosive power of the fluid.
WHAT DATA IS NECESSARY WHEN DESIGNING AN ENGINE EXHAUST SILENCER?
- Engine exhaust flow / flow (m / s)
- Maximum fluid temperature (ºC / ºF)
- Pressure before opening valve
- Nominal pipe diameter
What is the acoustic problem?
- Required attenuation.
- Sound level emitted by the source and residual sound level.
- Distance between the noise source and the disturbed place.
- For complex problems, an acoustic study «In Situ» is the most recommended; our department of «Acoustic Engineering» is trained to do it.